Q. Copyright management workflows
Introduction to Copyright Workflows
Once you hit the limit of five requests, and you wish to track, record and submit the copyright through ILLiad you will need to:
- Click the Search button in the Awaiting Copyright Clearance screen to look up the Copyright prices.
- If you are requesting this through traditional ILL means (from another library and not from a publisher), click the Save CCC Information button. The request then forwards to ALIAS, Rapid, Direct Request, or into the Awaiting Request Processing Queue and the CCC pricing info is included.
For more information about clearing copyright, consult the ILLiad Documentation:
Clicked that CCC button by accident and didn’t mean to record the pricing info? Go into the record and click the Remove Payment button.
Using ILLiad to submit your copyright order to the CCC
If this is your first time submitting a copyright order...
- Create an account at the Copyright Clearance Center: http://www.copyright.com/
- Enter your CCC Username and Password into the Customization Manager:
- Key: Borrowing|Copyright|CCCUsername
- Key: Borrowing|Copyright|CCCPassword
Once a month (recommended)...
Pick a date when you will process and report your copyright.
- Click on the System ribbon
- Click Web Reports and log in
- From the Administrative menu, select Copyright
- Supply the start and end dates, then click Generate Report
There are three categories in the report:
- Requests that are ‘Finished’ and need reporting,
- ‘Outstanding’ requests (yet to be filled by a library) that have saved payment info
- Copyright usage you’ve reported to the CCC this year
- Click on the Borrowing ribbon
- Under the Process Copyright menu, click the Submit Copyright Orders button
- Enter a start date and an end date
- Click the Load Copyright button
- Click on Refresh Fees (as these may have changed since you saved your payment information).
- Click the Submit Copyright Order button
- In the pop-up box, confirm you want to report these to the CCC,
- Click Yes if correct
- Otherwise, click No (then make necessary corrections before continuing).
- When they are submitted the note “Copyright Orders Submitted” pops up in the status bar.
Made a mistake with your order after you hit the submit button in ILLiad? Never fear! Log into your Copyright Clearance Center account on the CCC website and edit the order before they invoice you. Make sure to reflect any changes you make in the ILLiad request.