Q. Collaborative Technologies
There are many ways to stay in touch with your fellow IDS Project members between Users Group meetings. If you can’t make it out for lunch or a visit, try one of these easy (and free!) collaborative technologies to stay in touch.
- Required: Google+ account for everyone, Google Voice and Video Plugin, Windows XP+, Mac OS X 10.5+, or Linux
- Allows voice, video and screen sharing
- Required: Skype account. Skype program (requires admin. privileges)
- Screen sharing allowed 1-on-1 for free
- Screen-sharing only
- FREE. Easy to install (no administrative privileges required).
- When you run the program you’ll be given a 9 digit code (e.g. 783-273-162)
- To share your screen, give the code to the other person and have them enter it at http://join.me
- Group video calls with up to 12 people
- Record and send video messages
- Record and upload calls to YouTube
- Send instant messages to your contacts on ooVoo
- Set up a web chat room for free